Gmail offers several ways for users to track their activities as well as know when and from where one’s account was accessed. This is a useful feature as it allows users to access their account from several locations or devices simultaneously. Hence, one could be logged in through their desktop computer as well as through their tablet or mobile app. When one chooses the option to stay logged in, it leads to several sessions remaining open simultaneously on different devices.
There is a way to keep tab on one’s account access. This becomes useful as one could have logged into their account from different devices and kept those sessions open, without logging out. The steps to follow to check account activity of one’s account is as follows:
- You need to log into your account.
- When you have come to the inbox main page you can scroll to the bottom and find the option to check login activity here.
- The bottom of your inbox page showcases the last login, the number of places you logged in from.
- If you wish to check more details like IP address, location as well as access type, you can click on the Details option.
- Here you can check out your sign in history. This includes timeline details such as time and date when your account was accessed.
- Here you can also check the IP addresses through which your account was accessed.
There is also another way to check account activities on your account. The section that showcases recent security events can provide you security updates and account activity details.
In case one feels that someone else accessed their account, this could be due to malware or phishing activities. In such a case one needs to change their password immediately. It is also advised that the two step verification feature is activated that helps to further safeguard login to one’s account.
The alert for unusual activity can be found under Details that appears at the bottom of your inbox. It is advised that you keep this alert on as it will send you notifications when any unusual login activity is noted.See More